Tuesday 22 February 2011

Pretty In Pink

 

Hello peeps and hope that you are all OK.

I thought I’d share a card I made recently with you  which uses some of the beautiful blooms that are available at Wild Orchid Crafts right now.

 Picture 001c copy

And it’s this one here.

I used the blooms to enhance the image and I wanted it to look like the swing was hanging from the flower garland.

Picture 009c copy

The centre flower is a 40mm Classic Sweet Rose in pale pink. Then I made 2 sprays for each side using 6mm closed rosebuds,  some 8mm semi open roses, and some 5mm closed rosebuds. The ‘fill in’ flowers are 15mm open roses, and 10mm open roses.

I find the easiest way to do these is to make up the sprays first – just bind the wire stems together and bend into the shape you want, then adhere to your card leaving enough room for the fill in flowers. 

Picture 008c copy

I also used some vintage seam binding which I made into 2 little bows. This is the prettiest stuff I have seen in ages and it is so easy to work with :) I finished off the bows with a  self adhesive pearl  and also added some on either side of the sentiment.

If you find that you haven't got the exact colour pearl or rhinestone that you need  to match your card, you can colour the white pearls and clear rhinestones using your Copics or Pro Markers.

Thank you for looking today and all other card details can be found here.

Enjoy the rest of your day and hugs to all xxx

3 comments:

  1. This is a stunning card, so pretty and I really love how you done the flower arrangement. Hugs Teresa xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty, love the flower swing, great tip for colouring the pearls.

    Hugs Carol xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh those long stem roses are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete